Galaxy

14 Sept 2014

Heaven on earth: Dubai's skyscrapers in the fog above the city

It is home to some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world and Dubai's famous cityscape just keeps climbing upwards.
And now a photographer has captured the city's buildings as you've never seen them before - appearing to float amongst the clouds.
American Marcelo Castro's heavenly shots show the tops of the buildings peeking out from above thick fog as the sun begins to set behind them.
Towering above them all in the distance is the unmistakeable Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
As day turns to night, the buildings' myriad lights begin to twinkle in the haze. Hundreds of feet in the air, the busy city streets can't even be seen through the fog.
Mr Castro, 35, took the impressive shots while on holiday in the city. He said: 'This was my last day of vacation, and I had a lay over in Dubai. 
'I decided to get a hotel room in the highest building I could find just to take some cityscape photos.'I shot some sunset photos, and had already planned to wake up early the next day to take some sunrise photos.
'To my surprise, when I got up on the hotel roof in morning, I could only see the tallest buildings piercing through the dense blanket of fog that covered the city shortly before sunrise.'
 



0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...