Galaxy

6 Aug 2014

Howard Webb retires from professional refereeing to take up technical role

The 43-year-old, widely regarded as one of the best referees ever produced in England and highly respected in the world game, brings to an end a 25-year career to be responsible for overseeing the on-field performances of PGMOL match officials. Webb said: “I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career after a wonderfully rewarding 25 years on the pitch. “I have spent over a decade with the best seat in the house for Barclays...

There is No 'bite clause' in Luis Suarez contract- Barcelona President

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has told CNN that Luis Suarez's contract does not contain a "no biting" clause. The 27-year-old Uruguay striker joined Barca from Liverpool for a reported 94 million euros (75 million pounds) last month but will not play for the Catalan club until October as he is the subject of a four-month ban from football. The punishment was handed to Suarez after he bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during...

Aspirin reduces cancer risk- Research

An aspirin a day could dramatically cut people's chances of getting and dying from common cancers, according to the most detailed review yet of the cheap drug's ability to stem disease. More than 130,000 deaths would be avoided over a 20-year period if Britain's 50- to 64-year-olds took a daily aspirin for 10 years, because the beneficial effects continue even when the aspirin is stopped, the authors say. A research team led by Professor...

Helping Hand: As Victoria Beckham puts Her 600 Dresses on auction for Charity

Victoria Beckham aka Victoria Adams has partnered with The Outnet to sell more than 600 dresses from her wardrobe for charity. The money will be donated to mothers2mothers, a charity which helps mothers living with HIV in Africa. Victoria says in an interview with The Outnet, "Every single piece that I have put in to be sold brought back a lot of memories. A lot of really, really happy memories of myself and David [Beckham], of myself and...

Fighting Ebola: As the Second American Ebola Victim 'Nancy Writebol' Arrives in U.S.

Nancy Writebol, the second American stricken with the Ebola virus, has arrived at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for treatment. The 59-year-old missionary follows Dr. Kent Brantly, 33, who was safely escorted from Africa to Emory's specialized isolation unit on Saturday. Writebol was outfitted in a hazmat suit as she was wheeled in on a stretcher by two medics in protective suits. The two Americans contracted the deadly disease...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...