Galaxy

25 Feb 2014

Return of the King - Didier Drogba to consider Chelsea return

Return of the King - Didier Drogba to consider Chelsea return

Didier Drogba has said he would consider a return to Chelsea if Jose Mourinho came calling for him but suggested he could still extend his Galatasaray contract.

Drogba, who helped Chelsea to become European champions before leaving for Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua in 2012, is set for a reunion with his former club when the Blues visit Istanbul in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old is out of contract in the summer and, asked by the Daily Mail if he could return to the Premier League, he replied: “If, and I say if, by any chance it could happen, it would only be with one team.

“My contract ends this summer and then I will decide what is the best solution for me, but I had a great time
at Chelsea and if Jose was saying, “Didier, I want you to come back”, I would think about it.”

However, he said in The Sun: “There has been no approach from the club, so there is no need to speak about it. It is just rumours.”

Drogba, scored 157 goals for Chelsea after signing from Marseille in 2004, has been linked with a player-coach role at Stamford Bridge and reportedly also has offers from MLS sides, but told the BBC that he may stay in Turkey.

He said: “I will study every offer in the summer, but I will look at the one from Galatasaray because they gave me a chance to play again at a high level and I'll see what is on the table. I want to win, not just to play, but to play to win. I know it is a bad habit.”

He added: “I'm very happy at Galatasaray and the supporters have been great. We won the Turkish League last season and knocked Juventus out of the Champions League to get to the knockout stage.

“But I'm not over Chelsea yet and I don't want to be. People know how much I love the club and the fans. I can't forget what I've done there and all the memories. Chelsea will always have a special place in my heart and in my life.

“I will be happy to score [against Chelsea] but you have to show respect.”

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...