Galaxy

9 Jan 2017

Mariah Carey quit social media indefinitely following disastrous New Year's Eve performance

Mariah Carey has opened up about the embarrassing show in Times Square, and revealed while her "true friends" and fans have supported her, she needs to take a step away.
"I'm gonna take a break from media moments, social media moments," she announced in an audio clip. "Although I am going to fulfill my professional obligations, this is an important time for me to finally take a moment for myself and to deal with my loved ones and to prepare for my upcoming tour in March… I can’t wait to sing for you again.”
In the nearly two-minute clip, Mariah added that she went into the show "in great spirits", but placed the blame with "a production team with technical issues that chose to capitalise on circumstances beyond our control".
"It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly in the middle of Times Square with all the noise, in the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, thousands of people celebrating, especially when their ear monitors were not working at all," she continued.
Footage of the singer's embarrassing lip-syncing efforts at the New Year's Rockin' Eve gig in Times Square was seen around the world.
The Without You hitmaker previously broke her silence after her manager accused Dick Clark Productions - the company behind the event - of "sabotaging" the performance.
She told Entertainment Weekly: "All I can say is Dick Clark was an incredible person and I was lucky enough to work with him when I first started in the music business.

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...