Galaxy

27 Jun 2016

Plus-size model unveiled her astonishing transformation after shedding more than 17 STONE

Rosie Mercado was tipping the scales at 29st 2lbs in 2011 with hips measuring 70ins when she had a deeply humiliating experience at an airport.
"I was in line to board and this guy runs up to me and said, 'You need to buy a second seat because you don't fit in one,'" the 36-year-old told Today.
"In front of everyone. I was so embarrassed. You could hear it — some people were like, 'Oh my God, how rude.' Others just laughed. I just started crying. I went to the counter and quietly paid what I had to pay."
The single mum-of-three, who was a US dress size 36 - a UK 40 - decided to take steps to change her life and, thanks to a weight loss diet and exercise, she lost 7st 1lb.
Can it be done? YES! Will it take time, patience, action and discipline? YES! You get to choose how you want to feel, look and live! Whatever makes you happy it is your choice, take responsibility and don't create excuses! I chose to make a change and this is MY happiness and I I am not apologizing for my lifestyle! I loved me then but I love me more now, yes I said it I love me more now.....because of the freedom I have and new discoveries in my life! We are allowed to change when we want to and or stay the same. IT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE FOR EACH OF US!!! For myself, it's about constant change and growth, becoming better and staying true to my authentic self! Regardless if it's criticized and or celebrated, this is for me!!! Never be afraid to go after what makes you happy! Happy people will love you and unhappy people will judge you! YOU CAN INSPIRE PEOPLE BUT YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THEM! You can only change yourself! #noregrets #happy #love #life #driven #action
A photo posted by ROSIE | MERCADO (@rosiemercado) on
Then she had a gastric sleeve fitted, in which a small stomach "sleeve” was created using a stapling device and the rest of the stomach was removed.
Although Rosie says the surgery made her life difficult, it was worth it, and has seen her drop to a US size 12/14 - around a 16/18 in the UK.
"You have to deal with being low-calorie, and deal with the adjustment to your body as you're dropping weight," she told People, adding that: "Anything that bloats just completely went away," even a fizzy drink or rice making her terribly ill.
After she shed the weight, she underwent more surgery to remove 20lbs of excess skin - and is now a happy and healthy 12st 1lb.
The successful model signed with True Model Management in April 2014 and has featured in campaigns for plus-size fashion igigi.com and Ibbi World.
She says she's come a long way and she's happy with her results: "There's no goal for me to be a size six [UK size 10]. I just want to be healthy and fit. Being obese is putting your life at risk every single day."

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...