Galaxy

20 Oct 2014

Kim Kardashian shares a message against bullying on her Instagram

Kim Kardashian took to Instagram on Sunday, October 19 to speak out against bullying. She re-posted a picture of statement about bullying along with caption, "You think you know but sometimes you just don't #IHateBullying #MeanCommentsIsBullyingToo."

The statement in the picture cited many examples of bullying, which read, "The 'gay boy' you punched in the hall today. Committed suicide a few minutes ago. That girl you called a slut in the class today. She's a virgin. The boy you called lame. He has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day. She's already being abused at home."

The statement continued, "That girl you called fat. She's starving herself. The old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars. He fought for our country. The boy you made fun of for crying. His mother is dying. You think you freaking know them. Guess what? You don't! Re-post if you are against bullying. I bet of you won't, but re-post this if you're that with a heart."

Besides figthing against bullying, Kim also fought against racism. Earlier this year after giving birth to daughter North West, the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star penned an open letter reflecting on racism. At that time, she took to Twitter to post, "On my mind," along with a link to her website.

"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought," she wrote, "I've read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."

Kim added, "I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don't have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation."

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...