Galaxy

20 Sept 2014

United untouchable player: Wayne Rooney's spot remain constant... rest will have to battle- Louis van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has indicated that Wayne Rooney is the only untouchable outfield player in his star-studded Manchester United squad following this summer’s £150million spending spree.
Rooney faces competition from Radamel Falcao, Angel di Maria, Juan Mata and Robin van Persie in United’s attack, but Van Gaal says that only his captain and possibly goalkeeper David de Gea are likely to be the guaranteed names on the teamsheet.
‘I don’t think any player is fixed,’ said the United boss. ‘Only the captain has more privileges but no other player has privileges I think. Every player knows that because you see how I manage my teams – my captain shall always play and normally the goalkeeper.’
Rooney is one of only four players to have started Van Gaal’s first four Premier League games and, surprisingly, one of the others is young defender Tyler Blackett.
‘There are always players you put in a team,’ said the United boss. ‘Maybe it’s a surprise Blackett has played all the games but he has played well.’
The Dutchman also insisted that Van Persie will still be in contention for a place in the starting line-up once Falcao has reached full fitness.
He added: ‘I don’t think that Falcao interferes with Van Persie or Van Persie interferes with Falcao.
‘Falcao is a very good striker but I said in the first press conference that I like Van Persie also. He’s also a very good striker and we also have Rooney, (Adnan) Januzaj and (James) Wilson. We have five players for the two strikers positions and I have to choose.’ 
Van Gaal admits that he would love to have Rooney's former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United but does not think Real Madrid would sell the Portuguese star.
Asked if he would take Ronaldo back, the Dutchman said: ‘When it is possible, what I said with Falcao, players like Ronaldo give a lot extra to a team, but I don’t think Real Madrid shall sell him.
‘It’s always a discussion in the papers and I don’t think the media shall buy Ronaldo.’

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...