Galaxy

10 Sept 2014

The Official Release Date for 'The Pinkprint' Album is revealed

Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint" album finally has an official release date. On Tuesday, September 9, the raptress took to Twitter to announce her highly-anticipated third studio effort would hit the stores on November 24.

The follow-up to 2012's "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" has so far been preceded by singles "Pills N Potions" and "Anaconda". The latter track, which samples Sir Mix-A-Lot's 1992 hit "Baby's Got Back", is currently sitting at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100.

Minaj has said that "The Pinkprint" is a nod to Jay-Z's 2001 album "The Blueprint". "I wanted to do that, I wanted to be like Jay Z. I felt like with what I'm doing, I want female rappers to be able to pattern themselves with what I've done one day," she told MTV.

Of what to expect from the eagerly-awaited LP, Minaj explained to "The Breakfast Club", "I think the album is so classic. It's gonna feel so good and I think it will probably be something that female rappers look to as a Pinkprint for years to come."

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...