Galaxy

16 Sept 2014

I’m a married Christian man: 'wheelchair rant' was misunderstood- Kanye West


He's been criticised for saying the only people allowed to sit down at his Yeezus shows are those with special 'handicapped parking spaces and s**t'.
But Kanye West chose to 'break it down' in a highly personal speech made to his audience at the Brisbane show on Monday night.
Addressing the crowd, the 37-year-old rap star said his actions had been misunderstood by critics, but explained, 'I’m not judging them - I’m just telling you who I am. I’m a married Christian man.'
Wife Kim Kardashian was in the audience for her husband's final show, wearing her statement black and accompanied by her friend Steph Shep.

The 33-year-old star of Keeping Up With The Kardashians cheered as her partner described his evolving image.
'I’m not gonna make one of those Ben Affleck statements and s**t if that’s what you’re thinking,' he said, saying he then went from 'being a rock star across the globe...to making the decision to pick one woman, raise a family…for anyone here that’s married, or in a relationship, knows that there’s enough things working against you.'
Defending his actions at an earlier show in Sydney, when he sent security guard Pascal Duvier to check whether a seated person was in fact in a wheelchair - which they were - the rapper on Monday night said, 'At my concerts I make sure everybody has as good a time as possible.
'So all this demonising me, it ain’t gonna work after a while. Pick a new target. Pick a new target!
''Cos I’m not one of these dumb-a**e artists that you’re used to. 
'You come to me, I’m gonna take my platform and I’m gonna break down this s**t down for real,intelligent people every night so they can understand.'

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...