Galaxy

13 Jan 2014

Chelsea belong to me - Jose Mourinho

Chelsea belong to me - Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho says he “belongs to Chelsea” and has not even considered the next move in his career as he is planning a long stay at Stamford Bridge.Mourinho returned to the club last summer after a turbulent spell in charge at Real Madrid, vowing to take on a more serene persona during his second stint as Blues boss.

That eagerness to dilute his fiery temperament has been tested on a few occasions in his first few months back at Chelsea, but the Portuguese insists he is determined to remain at the West London club for as long as possible.


“I’m not here thinking about my next move because I don’t want to have a next move,” he told the Evening Standard. “I will have a next move if and when Chelsea decides it’s time for that.

“I’m not chasing new experiences, trying to find where I like it more, where I can make new things for my career. It’s a completely different perspective.

“I’m here to stay. I belong to Chelsea, Chelsea belong to me. I gave a lot to Chelsea in the past but they also gave a lot to me. This is a different professional relationship.”

Mourinho went on to suggest the desire of his family to set up home in London was one of the motivations behind his Chelsea return.

“More than one year ago, even before I decided to stay in Madrid for one or two more years, our decision was made,” he said. “We wanted to go to England next because we feel it’s the best for all four, as a family and me as a professional.

“In this moment there is a lot of maturity in the family. I have a 17-year-old girl, a 14-year-old boy. In the beginning of my career it was not so difficult for them to move but they have entered into an age where moving is not easy.

“There was lots of communication and they knew for them that London would be fantastic. A university career is a target for my daughter, my wife just loves the city to live in. We kept our house from last time and, although we tried to hide it, we came lots of times.

“The success I had in my career gave me the possibility to choose my destiny. When I made the decision I didn’t know if Chelsea would be available and if the door would be open but when it did, the picture was perfect for me.

“I’m not a person with a big social life. I just want the simple things in life but even the simple things I lost in Italy, Spain and Portugal. I think London is the only place in Europe where I can keep these little things of life. I can go to school and wait for my son and daughter and the parents feel me as another parent.

“I can go to walk on Sloane Street or Old Bond Street and if somebody disturbs me it is not an English person for sure. It’s some tourist that sees me and they can’t control themselves. The English person is much more polite and respectful in relation to the private life of the person.

“I can go to a restaurant, I can go to a cab and the driver can be an Arsenal or Tottenham supporter and he enjoys speaking with me. This is not possible in Italy and Spain. I also like the number of clubs in London.

“The way we have this in London during the week is fantastic. After that you go to the weekend, you play the derbies and everything changes but during the week people live with the different colours in the same city and everything is normal.”

Mourinho concluded the interview by speaking about his motivations as he targets success with Chelsea second time around, with his love of the weekly drama that surrounds a Premier League team still exciting him.

“Lots of things drive me,” he said. “First of all I want to enjoy my life and football is part of that. My wife knows that, my kids know that. From them there is not one bit of talk that one day you have to retire. It’s the opposite.

“Sometimes in a funny way they imagine me as an old man still being a manager. They know I want to do it for a long time. I love the day-to-day of football, more than that I love the game, more than that I love the big game.”

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...