Galaxy

16 Dec 2013

Ronaldo: I aim for Ballon d'Or

Ronaldo: I aim for Ballon d'Or

Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed that there is space for another Ballon d'Or trophy in his new museum in Madeira.

The Real Madrid forward opened the CR7 museum on Sunday in Funchal and there are more than 50 objects on display, including representations of some of the honours he has achieved at club level, as well as individual trophies such as the Ballon d’Or, the FIFA World Player award which he won in 2008, the European Golden Shoe from the 2007-08 season and a huge number of family and personal photos.

It also has European Golden Shoe from the 2010-11 season and a section which includes all the balls signed by his teammates in games in which he has scored a hat trick or more during his career. Of the 26 balls displayed, 23 of them are from Madrid matches -- which only goes to show how successful he has been since he moved to the Bernabeu in 2009 -- and the last is from Portugal's 4-2 win over Sweden that earned them a berth at the 2014 World Cup.

"It’s a chance for everyone who likes Cristiano Ronaldo to get to know me better: my fans and the people of Madeira where I grew up and where I spent my childhood," Ronaldo told AS. "It’s really wonderful and a source of pride and excitement. I hope to win many more titles and trophies. I’m happy, excited and thrilled.

Cristiano Ronaldo next to a waxwork of himself.
"My brother Hugo had the idea when I won the Ballon d’Or, in 2008, and now it is finally a reality. It is something very special for me, for my family, and I hope that Madeira can feel very proud to host my museum. All the trophies I have here are special, and represent the fruit of much individual and collective work. Without the help of my teammates this would not be possible. The idea is it is a place where the children can see what can be achieved through effort."

Ronaldo even insisted that there was room for more, with the Ballon d'Or -- announced on January 13 -- one to add to the collection.

"We have left some space for more trophies. The Ballon d’Or is one more title, and I am not obsessed with it,"  he added. Then when asked if he would attend the ceremony, he said: "We will see what happens. There are still some days to decide. We are analysing the subject with the club and then we will see what happens."

Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery will compete as the three finalists for the Ballon d'Or, but Ronaldo claims he wants to add Real's 10th European Cup/UEFA Champions League title above all else.

"I’m happy, excited and thrilled. I hope to win many more titles and trophies," he concluded. "I’ll always have a place for the Decima. Hopefully it’s this year."


0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...