Galaxy

6 Oct 2016

The walking skeleton man who models for Vogue and starred in Lady Gaga 's video Born This Way

He's a real-life Zombie so it's no surprise that model Rick Genest, aka Zombie Boy, finds it hard to travel due to his spooky inkings.
The 31-year-old has appeared in Vogue and starred in Lady Gaga 's video Born This Way as well as a string of freak shows.
And he says people's reactions can affect his day to day life.
He said: "It depends on the circumstance but generally people don't say anything. It's generally old people.
"Not all taxis stop for me even if there is a light on, it can be hard to catch a ride sometimes.
"I don't use transportation because everyone stares at me and their eye balls fall out."
Rick, who is here promoting Thorpe Park 's spooky new scare maze Platform 15, developed his love of death after, aged 15, he was told he was unlikely to survive a tumour.
But the operation ended up saving his life.
He said: "Even the doctors told me I got lucky.
"I blurred the lines between life and death and I'm still doing that now.
"My friends called me Zombie because of my past."
His first tattoo was a skull and crossbones on his arm. And they now cover almost every inch of his body.
In 2011, as his star started to rise, he was spotted by Lady Gaga's stylist, who got him to model in Paris.
He has since appeared in the singer's video Born This Way and been the face of Jay Z's Rocawear label.
And he loves what he has created. He said: "I like my DNA. There is just one really, really tiny tattoo that I want to get rid off, but I'm not going to say what that is."
GaGa is still in touch, and he loves her because she laughs at his jokes.
Rick continued: "She is really fun and really professional. She gave me a big hug when I met her and she laughed at my jokes.
"A lot of people ask me about when I got my first tattoo but she asked me: 'At what age did you first think about getting your first tattoo?'.
"My response was when I was about five or six years old. I liked that question."

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...