Galaxy

5 Sept 2014

My greatest Regret in my 13 years stinct at Chelsea- Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard admits he shunned the chance to have a Chelsea leaving party because he didn't want to end up with egg on his face.
The Blues legend left Stamford Bridge for New York City in the summer after a glittering 13 years in west London.
However, with his future still up in the air towards the end of the campaign, he decided against saying a big farewell to fans after their last home game in case he performed a dramatic U-turn and remained at the club.
I didn't want to do the big parade - 'Thanks a lot and goodbye everyone' - because that would have looked a bit foolish if it had gone the other way and I'd stayed,' Lampard told The Sun.
'I ended up stuck in the middle. So I just did the usual lap and a wave because we knew Ash [Cole] was leaving, we had a bit of a moment with him.
'There are not a lot of things I regret in my Chelsea career but not being able to say my goodbyes properly to all of the Chelsea fans is certainly one. Thirteen years is a long time.'

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...