Galaxy

20 Nov 2013

Gratitude




Sometimes working in a restaurant can be a beautiful thing.  Granted, most times it is an ugly and evil thing but on those rare moments when someone leaves you a 100.00 on a 12 dollar check, it is beautiful.

One of my regulars decided to make my night and leave a ridiculous tip for a very small check.  He usually comes in with his wife and they are the perfect table; they are friendly, patient, kind, gracious and funny.  I love when they come in, I love being their server and frankly, I wish they were my grandparents.  It is really rare for servers to build lasting connections with their tables but I actually want to have them over for dinner.

(Hey, I know what they like to eat after all. )

This tip is gigantic and wonderful and do you know what makes it better?  The patron who gave it to me being the  kind soul he is, and I would trade that Benjamin in to have them sit in my section every night.  I take good care of them because I think they are genuine and nice, not because they tip me well.  So THANK YOU for giving me a large tip but THANK YOU MORE for being a lovely couple of people who treat me with respect and kindness at my workplace.  

THAT means more to me than any dollar amount could.

Pay it forward!

0 Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...